1. Types of Information and Method of Collection
General Information Collection
• By Site Requirement. To register as a member of this Site you are required to provide the following Personally Identifiable Information: your name a personal, active e-mail address. In addition, in order to subscribe to certain features of this Site, you are required to provide your mailing address and credit card information.
• By User's Voluntary Submission. When using the user profile feature, or any chat room, forum and message board features on the Site, you may choose to provide other Personally Identifiable Information. If you post Personally Identifiable Information anywhere on the Site that is not marked as "private" within the system, it will be available to third parties and you may receive unsolicited messages from those parties. HPH has no obligation to ensure the security or confidentiality of any information you choose to make available in any chat room, blog, forum or message board on the Site. Also, HPH cannot ensure that parties who have access to such information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose Personally Identifiable Information.
2. How Information Collected is Used
HPH may use the information collected and provided, individually or in an aggregate form, as follows:
• to contact you about the Site;
• to compare and otherwise use data entered by users for any purpose including consulting, research and marketing;
• to monitor or improve use of the Site;
3. With Whom Information is Shared
At times, we may share the information collected on this Site with third parties for various purposes. While HPH will seek to require those third parties to follow appropriate privacy policies and security measures, HPH does not bear responsibility for any actions or policies of third parties. The following outlines the ways in which your information may be shared:
Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate information, such as general demographics and Site usage statistics to third parties. When general demographic information is shared with third parties, we do not provide them with the Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to HPH when you register as a member on the Site.
HPH Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with employees, agents, parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates of HPH.
Business Transfers: The Site, HPH and/or a subsidiary or division of HPH may be sold along with its assets, or other transactions may occur in which your Personally Identifiable Information is one of the business assets transferred. In such a case, your Personally Identifiable Information, which we have gathered, may be one of the business assets we transfer.
Legal Process: HPH reserves the right to disclose the information collected by and through this Site, including your Personally Identifiable Information, as required by law and when HPH believes that such disclosure is necessary to protect HPH's rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, subpoena, court order or other legal process served on HPH. The disclosure of this information may be without notice to you.
4. Security and Encryption
While there is no such thing as "perfect security" on the Internet, HPH takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect the Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to HPH when you register as a member on the Site. We use SSL encryption technology on the Site and a secure server to encrypt information transmitted between your browsers and our server. As a result, Personally Identifiable Information that you submit during the registration process is transmitted using commercially reasonable security over the Internet.
Our security policies are reviewed periodically and revised as required. The servers for the Site that contain Personally Identifiable Information are stored in a physically secure and climate controlled off-site facility. We protect against data loss by backing-up data, performing, consistency checks and restricting access to information on our servers. It is important to remember that whatever you transmit or disclose online can be collected and used by others or unlawfully intercepted by third parties. No data transmission over the Internet can be 100% secure.
5. Third Party Links, Websites, and Cookies
6. Notification of Changes
7. Corrections and Updates to Personal Profile
You have the option of reviewing, correcting, updating, modifying, and deleting your Personally Identifiable Information or member profile, at any time and as often as desired by personally changing your profile information or by contacting HPH by telephone, facsimile, e-mail, or mail by using the contact information in Section 8, below. However, you must always have an active, personal e-mail address registered on the Site.
To the extent that such information is stored in other databases, we cannot always ensure that such corrections or deletions will reach the other databases. We will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that your information is removed from or corrected in our records.
8. HPH Contact Information
Should the need arise to contact HPH about any issue, please do so in writing through one of the methods below:
Harrison Publishing House, Inc.
Mailing - P.O. Box 320, Littleton, NH 03561
Shipping/Courier Service - 995 Industrial Park Road, Littleton, NH 03561
Facsimile - 603.444.0826